Preparation for Applying Floor Finish
- Remove all furniture from room or corridor.
- Sweep all debris from ﬂoor.
- Place floor signs in all pedestrian walkways.
- Scrub or strip old ﬁnish from ﬂoor.
- Clean baseboards and corners of room.
- Microﬁber dust mop area to be ﬁnished.
1. Set up ﬂoor safety sign.
2. Assemble mop frame.
3. Place a clean, dry Finish Pad on ﬂoor with white backing side up.
4. Hold Quick Connect Frame over pad, then slide it down to attach pad with hook and loop system.
5. Fill bucket to desired level with ﬂoor ﬁnish of choice. Do not overﬁll.
6. Place microﬁber ﬂat mop into bucket. Only submerge pad into ﬁnish. Do not submerge aluminum frame or universal joint.
7. Allow excess ﬁnish to drip into bucket, then tamp mop on sieve.
8. Starting at the far corner of room or end of hall, outline ﬁrst area to be ﬁnished.
9. Using "Figure 8" strokes, ﬁll in outlined area with a light coat of ﬁnish. Finish should be no thicker than a piece of wax paper. Foam pad liner helps to hold enough ﬁnish to cover outlined area.
10. Working backward, be sure to begin next area before ﬁnish dries to prevent lines and ridges.
11. Repeat steps 5 through 10 as required to complete the job.
12. To empty bucket into a container, use twist valve on backside or pour contents using one of the front corners as a pouring spout.
13. After emptying, rinse bucket and valve with hot water to prevent ﬁnish from hardening on sides and drain.
14. OPTION: To store ﬁnish in bucket for reuse, use air tight lid to prevent drying/hardening.
15. & 16. Clean pad well with hot water and hang to air dry or store in sealed plastic bag to prevent hardening.
* Follow all established safety procedures.
* Wear all appropriate personal protective equipment (glasses, gloves, etc.).
Tools for Finishing Floors with Microfiber
Microfiber Floor Finish Applicator Pad, 5” x 17”
Easy Gloss Floor Finish Applicator
MicroFiber Flat Mop Cleaning Kit