Large janitorial machinery purchasing decisions can be difficult to make, especially when working within a tight budget.
When it comes to floor buffing, you need to look at the size of your facility and labor costs to decide which machine, an ultra high speed burnisher or standard speed floor polisher, would make more financial sense.
Here are a few cost comparisons to help you with your decision.
Time and dollar justification for purchasing an Ultra High Speed Burnisher maintaining a 10,000 sq. ft facility versus using a standard speed floor polisher.
Buffing Comparisons for Maintaining a 10,000 sq. ft. Facility
- 20" 175 RPM - 250 minutes - $41.65
- 20" 300 RPM - 150 minutes - $24.99
- 20" 1000 RPM - 70 minutes - $11.66
- 20" 2000 RPM - 60 minutes - $10.00
- 20" 2000 RPM - 37 minutes - $6.16
*Labor Cost based on $10.00 per hour
Time justification for purchasing "Ultra High Speed Burnisher" maintaining a 10,000 sq. ft facility.
* Example, maintaining a facility of 10,000 sq. ft buffing one day per week, 52 times per year (once per week).
$41.65 x 52 times per year = $ 2165.80 in labor costs per year versus $10.00 x 52 times per year = $ 520.00 in labor costs per year
A net savings of $1645.80 in the first year