- Scrape and remove excessive wax from carpet using a blunt spatula, spoon, or bone scraper. Never use a knife because it might harm the fibers.
- Freeze the wax stain with Gum Remover, then break and remove the frozen pieces.
- Apply Citrus Spotter (Grease, Tar, Adhesive Remover) sparingly to the center of the affected area. Allow 5-10 minutes dwell time*. PRECAUTION: Pre-test in an inconspicuous area.
- Rinse with COLD water to neutralize.
- Blot thoroughly using a clean white terry cloth towel or absorbent blotting material. Continue shifting to clean dry areas of towel applying downward pressure.
*Alternate procedure: After step 2, place plain brown paper (or brown paper bag) over the stain. Heat an electric iron to low heat and gently touch it to the paper. The wax will melt and transfer up into the paper. Repeat the process with fresh paper. Precaution: The iron should not be too hot.