The HP06T Portable DI (deionization) Tank is a compact 350 gallon water purification system designed to work with most ANY water fed window cleaning pole systems. It is lightweight and easy to move making it excellent for all window and solar panel cleaning jobs. This portable system is capable of producing up to 350 gallons of pure water before resin is exhausted.
The Unger HydroPower DI system exceeds standard filter efficiency as a result of several new improvements, including:
- FloWater Technology- The flow distribution plate within the system allows you to produce up to 30% more pure water from a single resin refill than previous DI systems.
- Quick Change Resin- These resin bags speed up the resin change process by up to 10 times - simply remove the expired bag and insert the new one.
- Fast-Lock Opening- Allows for fast and easy opening of the tank enabling you to fill, empty and refill the filter quickly and without hassle. Also features a pressure release valve.
What is DI (de-ionizing, ion exchanger)?
- Water is flown through a cylinder that is filled with ion exchanger resin.
- The ions to be replaced (electrically loaded particles) are bound to the resin, which in turn releases ions itself.
- In the process, the water is softened, i.e. all minerals (salts) are removed from it.
- The process works only as long as there are enough ions available in the resin.
- After this, the resin must be "regenerated or replaced" by means of a chemical process or replacement of the resin.
- Simply attach a water hose and a waterfed pole system, turn on, and start cleaning.
- Easy-to-Read built-in TDS meter monitors the water quality to indicate when to change resin.
- Capacity: Based on an average TDS of 100 in your water, approximately 300 - 350 gallons of DI water is produced before the resin needs to be replaced.
300- 350 Gallon capacity DI tank with quick change resin.
HydroPower HP06T Portable DI Tank Specifications
Design: Mixed bed system
Size: 11.8 in. x 14 in.
Weight: 24 lbs. (without water)
Capacity: 6 liters per minute
Uses: Approximate number of gallons used before refilling, 350 gallons
We have products to produce "spot free" rinse water
Many window cleaners and solar panel cleaning companies have discovered the benefits of DI water and "spot free" rinse as far back as the 1980's. Today, a DI tank is an excellent way to discover first hand the benefits of "spot free" water for a variety of cleaning applications. If you're using waterfed pole to clean windows or solar panels consider this a necessary addition.
Definitions: TDS = Total Dissolved Solids
- Grains per Gallon = 1 grain of calcium carbonate per US gallon of water.
- Parts per Million (PPM) = 1 part total dissolved solids per 1 million parts of water
- The capacity of deionization tank can be determined roughly by the total dissolved solids (TDS) in the water source.
- The TDS of the water source will determine the capacity of your unit and the TDS of the output of our DI Tank will indicate when change-out is necessary which can be determined easily and quickly using the built in TDS meter
- The TDS can range from 0 to 1000 PPM. The frequency for refilling is dependent upon the TDS of the water source and the gallons used per application. The effectiveness of the DI process is determined by measuring the resistivity/conductivity of the DI water many times illustrated in parts-per-million (PPM).