Oil-Base Urethane Gym Finish - Crystal Cote 350
Oil Modified Urethane wood floor finish is a VOC compliant (348 grams/liter) solvent based, wood floor finish that provides a highly durable coating with extremely high gloss. It's very light color, enhances the beauty of the wood and minimizes oxidation and age discoloration.
- Crystal Cote 350 is a 350 gm/l V.O.C. compliant, solvent based, gym floor finish that provides a highly durable coating with excellent gloss.
- Its very light color, enhances the beauty of the wood and minimizes oxidation and age discoloration.
- Coverage: 500-600 square feet per gallon
Certified by the Maple Floor Manufacturer's Association: For heavy duty and gymnasium sealers and finishes for Maple, Beech and Birch Floors.
- Modern urethane formula dries to a smooth, high gloss and durable finish.
- This finish resists rubber and heel marks.
- Resists abrasive dust and dirt for a longer life.
Directions: (step by step instructions)
New or Newly Prepared Wood Floors: Use a good quality polyurethane sealer, following the directions for that product. Allow to dry thoroughly.
Newly Sealed Floors: Buff with a #120 abrasive screen. Clean surface thoroughly with a tack rag and waterless cleaner and allow to dry. Apply finish using a synthetic or lamb's wool applicator, pressure sprayer or gravity fed applicator. If more than one coat is desired, allow 6 to 8 hours dry time between coats. No screening is required if recoating is done within 24 hours. Allow 72 hours cure time before allowing any foot traffic on floors (no dances or similar events for at least one week).
Note: Best results are obtained with adequate ventilation and floor temperature above 60 degrees F and below 95 degrees F. Avoid direct drafts on floor while finishing.
Caution: Do not use on any resilient type flooring.
- Superior Gloss
- Tough durable finish
- Easy maintenance
- Easy application
- Urethane Toughness
- Reflects natural color of wood
- Higher solids than water based urethanes
- MFMA Approved (Maple Floor Manufactures Association)
- VOC Compliant for ALL OTC compliant states, including all of NY
Crystal Cote 350 is sold in 5 gallon pails.
Crystal Cote 350 Oil Base Wood Finish Specifications
Total Solids: 48 +/-1%
VOC: < 350 g/L
Type: Oil modified urethane
Odor: Petroleum distillates
Color: 6 (Gardner)
Viscosity: A1 – A
Recommended Coats: 2
Coverage: 500 - 600 sq. ft /gal
Dry Time: Recoat 9-10 hours Light traffic 48 hours
Cure Time: 72 hours
Slip Resistance: >0.5 coefficient of friction Measured on James Machine
Removability: Conventional urethane strippers
Flash Point: 105 F
Weight / Gallon: 7.58 lbs./gal.
Storage / Stability: 2 years