It helps enhance water and stain resistance and closes the pores helping the stone to be more water and stain resistant.
- Terrazzo polish paste works best on cement based terrazzo floors.
- The Polishing Compound is a unique blend of abrasives used to restore and maintain gloss on stone floors.
- Helps enhance water and stain resistance.
- High yield 10 lb. pail.
- Coverage: 2500-3000 square feet per pail.
If you have epoxy terrazzo we recommend the Twister System for polishing.
*Our Terrazzo / Marble polish compound is a replacement product for Ecolab-Stone Medic MPC (marble polish compound)
*Not for use on granite floors.
The Polishing Compound will also close pores helping the stone to be more water and stain resistant. This polishing paste works best on cement bases terrazzo floors, if you have epoxy terrazzo we recommend the Twister System for polishing
Identify the type of terrazzo floor before your polish - Two basic types of terrazzo binders are portland cement and resin types (epoxy). Portland cement (commonly referred to as cementitious terrazzo) is primarily comprised of limestone and clay, which are both porous. Portland cement can be modified with the addition of acrylics that reduce cracking, sun fading and absorption, while remaining porous. Resin binders are either polyester or epoxy composites, which are not porous. The terrazzo type dictates the course of maintenance and products used for terrazzo restoration / polishing.
Prior to the 1980's, terrazzo was exclusively made with portland. Different maintenance methods apply to each type of terrazzo, so it is important make a correct identification. Cement based terrazzo is the most susceptible to staining because cement is more porous than most aggregate materials. In general, all terrazzo surfaces are very durable as long as no harsh chemicals are applied.
Directions for use:
All topical coatings and soil must be removed prior to scratch removal and polishing procedures. Protect surfaces that should not get wet. Work 20 square feet at a time.
1. Thoroughly mix compound in the pail with a wood paint stir stick - thoroughly.
2. Apply 1 scoop to the floor in a circle, matching the diameter of the floor pad being used. Add 1-2 ounces of clean cool water to the compound.
3. Using a Natural Fiber, White or Twister Green Polishing Pad and a 175 rpm machine quickly make one pass over an area of 20 sq. ft. Continue to buff the compound for 10 seconds per sq. ft., working the machine in a crosshatch pattern. Keep the compound wet at all times, do not allow to dry.
If the slurry becomes too dry add small amounts of water as needed.
4. Wet vacuum the slurry solution.
5. Rinse with Neutral Stone Cleaner diluted at 1 oz. per gallon.
NOTE: Replace lid between applications.
Stir compound regularly during the polish process.
Polish Compound / Paste Specifications
Appearance: Cream colored viscous compound
Container Size: 1.5 gallon
Container weight: 10 pounds
Coverage per pail: 2500-3000 sq. feet per pail (250 sq ft per pound)