Parish Dust Mop Treatment is specially formulated to meet EPA-VOC requirements as a dusting aid without sacrificing cleaning and protective properties. Daily dust mopping with this product will increase the life and beauty of floors by reducing the abrasive effects of tracked in dirt. Ideal for removing black rubber heel marks.
- Treated mops last longer and work better than mops treated with any other formula.
- Attracts dust and dirt
- Holds dust like a magnet
- Brightens surfaces
- Penetrates mop fibers
* not recommended for use on water based wood floor finishes. We suggest the water based treatment.
Price change notification:
Effective 03-27-2014 our supplier of this Dust Mop Treatment (of 57 years) has decided to discontinue this product with no advance warning. This has put us in a very unconformable position, to say the least. We have another supplier that agreed to produce the same formula in a superior container with a greatly improved label and directions. However, this does come at a price. We are forced to raise the price by 9 percent effective 03-27-2014. We apologize, but we were simply left with no other options.
How to properly treat a cotton dust mop with Dust Mop Treatment
- Place paper or cardboard on a floor surface to prevent staining of floor.
- Place the dust mop on the paper with the fibers facing down. Determine the correct amount of treatment needed, start by measuring the length of the mop and calculate the amount of dust mop treatment necessary. The amount of treatment for a cotton dust mop is 1 ounce per 3 inches e.g. a 24" mop requires 8 ounces of treatment.
- Pour the proper amount of Dust Mop treatment into a measuring cup and pour directly thorough the backing of the mop.
Example: A 24" dust mop requires 8 ounces of treatment. A 36" dust mop requires 12 ounces of treatment. Pour the dust mop treatment trough the backing of the mop (as evenly as possible) and roll the mop up. Place the mop into a plastic bag for 24-48 hours (this allows the treatment to wick and work its way through the cotton fibers). Remove the dust mop from the bag and place the proper size frame and begin using.
Re-Treating: For re-treating dust mops, apply one ounce of dust mop treatment per 6 inches.
In other words, for re-treating a three foot dust mop, it would only take 6 ounces of Dust Mop Treatment. The easy method for re-treating is to apply the mop treatment with a trigger sprayer and 24-32 ounce spray bottle.
Apply the treatment directly to the mop fibers the day before you plan on using the mop. This prevents any oil residue from the mop fibers transferring to the floor and creating a slip hazard. For daily care, dirt and dust can easily be removed from treated mop by vigorously shaking, brushing or vacuuming.
One gallon containers or four gallons per case if ordered by the case.
Oil Based Dust Mop Treatment Specifications
Active ingredients: 100%
Physical State: Liquid
Appearance: Clear, light amber
Type: Paraffin Oil
Solvent Systems: Mineral Spirits
Flash Point: >200 degree Fahrenheit
Viscosity: Water thin
Water Based: No
Storage / Stability: 2 years