Sanding Screens (Screen Discs) - Mesh screen disc with strong fiber, uniform open construction and consistent cut from start to finish. Sanding Screens are an open mesh fabric heavily coated with silicon carbide abrasive. Its durable, open weave mesh design is non-loading and coated on both sides for longer lasting reversible wet or dry use. Sanding Screens are available in a number of different mineral grades: 60, 80, 100, 120 and 150 grit.
- For refinishing wood gymnasium floors and racquetball courts at schools and sports facilities.
- For preparing wood, concrete or other floors for coating or recoating using conventional sealers or finishes.
- 60-80 grit screens are often used for the removal of concrete coatings while the 100-150 grit are generally used for wood floor preparation.
- Average life expectancy for screen discs when used on wood floors is 300-400 square feet per disc.
- When used on concrete floors coverage will vary from 100-150 square feet per disc.
- For use with conventional floor machines.
- Fast action wood floor refinishing.
- Sandscreens are the perfect choice for sanding dull and scuffed wood floors or those embedded with grit and grease.
- Choices of grit for just the right aggressiveness.
- The open mesh construction resists loading.
Screens can be rinsed and reused to prolong sanding life. Rinsing the screens removes any debris or build up in the screen, exposing a fresh cutting surface. Always place a RED pad between the screen disc and the pad holder.
- Refinishing wooden gym floors and racquetball courts at schools and/or sports facilities
- Preparing concrete, wood, and other floors for coating and recoating with typical sealers or finishes
Directions for use:
1. Lay screen on floor
2. Place a red floor pad on top to use as a drive pad
3. Place a standard speed floor machine (175-300 rpm) with a the proper (balanced) pad holder on top of the pad and screen
4. Operate machine as normal
Screen discs are sold individually or 10 screens per case.
Screen Discs are available in the following sizes listed below.
- 60 grit, 17" - 0271017
- 60 grit, 20" - 0271019
- 80 grit, 17" - 0272017
- 80 grit, 20" - 0272019
- 100 grit, 17" - 0273017
- 100 grit, 20" - 0273019
- 120 grit, 17" - 0273517
- 120 grit, 20" - 0273519
- 150 grit, 17" - 0274017
- 150 grit, 20" - 0274019
Our screen discs are used to sand floors between coats of finish to remove "picture framing" effects left by belt, drum and edger machines and to achieve a professional and smooth high gloss floor finish. To ensure long lasting beauty floors must be sanded between every coat, using the finest abrasive grit available.
Screen Disc Features:
- Inter-woven polyester knit backing with silicon carbide abrasive grain on both sides
- Open mesh for load resistance
- Rinse and reuse for longer sanding life
- Tends to cut more aggressively than paper or cloth