Genuine Lambswool Applicator Pads are the professional floor specialists choice for a smooth even finish. From storefronts to gymnasiums, large areas and small, select from a full range of sizes.
This 100% natural lambswool pad offers efficiency and practicality. It can be washed and reused again and again and fits a standard threaded handle.
Ideal for the application of most oil based finishes and sealers.
How to prep a Lambswool Pad prior to use:
- Immerse the lambswool pad in a paint pan filled with mineral spirits for 5 to 10 minutes. This allows the lambswool pad to be more absorbent and help it spread urethane evenly.
- Remove the lambswool pad from the mineral spirits and wring it out, allow the pad to remain damp but not soaked.
- Install the lambswool pad on the applicator head by loosening the two wing nuts that hold the two pieces of the head together.
- Wrap the lambswool pad around the bottom part of the head so that the wool is facing out. Make sure there is an even amount of the pad overlapping the top of the head on both sides.
- Place the upper wood block onto the bottom block, sandwiching the lambswool pad between the two parts. Tighten the wing nuts to secure the pad in place.
How to apply finish with a Lambswool Applicator:
- Open the container of oil base finish and pour it into a paint tray.
- Dip the bottom of the lambswool pad into the finish. Drag the pad lightly across the edge of the paint tray to remove excess finish from the pad.
- Place the lambswool pad on the surface of the wood and begin applying the urethane in long, even strokes going with the grain of the wood. When the finish becomes uneven, dip the pad back into the tray and re-wet.
- Continue applying the finish until the entire surface of the wood is covered.
10"- Part #: 0281010
12"- Part #: 0281212
16"- Part #: 0281616
Applicator Refill Sizes:
10"- Part #: 0280010
12"- Part #: 0280012
16"- Part #: 0280016