The bonnet system of surface cleaning is a "Surface Cleaning System." When properly executed in your housekeeping program, the bonnet system plays an integral role in your plan, with minimal cost.
If done properly, this method can enhance a carpet's appearance with surprising results.
1. Vacuum the carpeted areas and remove all obvious spots and stains prior to bonnet cleaning your carpet surface.
2. Place wet floor signs at easy-to-see locations near the entrances into the area being cleaned.
3. Premix the Recapture encapsulating detergent with the proper amount of HOT water. Fill the appropriate spray tank with the premixed detergent and pressurize your tank. Mix in small batches, this will keep the water temperature high.
4. Spray carpet bonnet with the premixed solution of detergent and spray an area of carpet (10' x 10') with the same detergent, holding the nozzle of the sprayer at least 12" above floor surface.
5. Allow the detergent to dwell on the carpet for 1-2 minutes.
6. Place the floor machine with the bonnet and agitate carpet surface with floor machine and move in a left to right pattern (overlapping by one quarter) and continue on. Average dry times range from 20 to 30 minutes, depending on relative humidity condition.
7. Allow carpet to thoroughly dry before removing Wet Floor signs and opening to traffic. Carpet Blowers will aid in the drying process.
8. Post-vacuum the carpet within 6-8 hours. The crystallizing technology of Recapture is designed so that the encapsulated soil could be extracted through routine post-vacuuming.
*Note: Some Carpet manufacturers, especially those who manufacture Olefin carpets, advise against bonnet cleaning. This type of cleaning may actually void some carpet warranties.
Supplies & Equipment