Coated with specialized abrasive for rapid, smooth cutting of floor finish. Surface prep pads are used with water or neutral cleaner instead of harsh stripping chemicals - No chemical strippers needed!
- Reduces the need for chemical strippers
- Use pad with neutral cleaner or water
- The ONLY floor pad made from 100% recycled content!
- Helps reduce labor hours and material costs related to stripping floors
- Effectively removes floor finish, leaving a clean surface ready for recoating
- Heavy duty scrubbing for 2-4 coat removal prior to recoating
- A thin pad designed to remove floor finish without chemicals
- Remove several layers of acrylic finish to prep for floor finishing
- Use wet or dry on VCT and tile
The expected life of the pad is between 3,000 - 3,500 sq. ft. This is a real world estimate and your mileage may vary.
Please note; the pads listed here are not manufactured by 3M.
Cleaning / Stripping Process Using the SP Pad
Directions for Use:
1. Surface Preparation Pad can be run on auto-scrubbers or swing machines.
2. Use the SPP - Surface Preparation Pad with Rinse Free Neutral Cleaner Concentrate.
3. A flexible backer floor pad, such as the white or red floor pad can be used to hold the SPP Surface Preparation Pad.
4. After scrubbing, rinse floor with water.
5. Once floor is dry, dust with microfiber dust mop or vacuum.
6. Apply new coats of floor finish.
The SPP (Surface Prep Pads) are designed to be used on both sides with pads typically being flipped to the second side after approximately 3000 -3500 square feet of use in wet applications or 2,000 - 2,5000 when used dry.
If pads can not be rinsed right away, pads should be placed in a plastic liner after use to prevent finish residue from drying onto pad before rinsing. Pad may be rinsed under a faucet or with a hose. A pressure spray nozzle will remove residue most effectively.
Hang pads vertically to dry.
Steps to Refinish Wood Floors
Step 1: Clean the floor with appropriate floor cleaner to rid gum, black heel marks and other foreign articles.
Step 2: Read finish manufacturer's label to obtain recommended Sanding Screen grit or Surface Preparation Pad System to use on oil based polyurethane or water based urethane coatings.
Step 3: Use an ordinary rotary floor machine equipped with a pad driver. Place a white or red floor pad on the pad driver and place the Surface Prep Pad on the floor pad. The floor pad is used between the pad driver and surface prop pad.
Step 4: Run the Surface Preparation Pad dry to scuff the gym floor finish. Be careful not to remove court-marking lines.
Step 5: Remove the dry residue by vacuuming.
Step 6: Tack-clean the floor to remove all fine dust.
Step 7: Apply new floor finish following finish manufacturer's instructions.
Dry stripping pads are sold each or by the case of 10.
- 17 inch #0270917
- 19 inch #0270920
The Green Initiative used in our floor pads - Floor Pads with Enhanced Biodegradation
Our goal is to produce products that perform to the highest standards while leaving the smallest possible impact on the environment. A leader in the Jan/San industry for 45 years, Our floor pads are made with 100% recycled fibers for well over a decade. We're now completing the cycle by introducing an innovative floor pad technology that has been specially formulated to biodegrade in a fraction of the time once discarded into a landfill, compared to conventional pads.
* When consumers see the Full Cycle label, they will know they have a quality product while reducing mankind's impact on the environment. Being good stewards of the environment is simply our corporate responsibility - and it’s what sets us apart from other manufacturers.
The Proof is in the Performance - For stripping, cleaning, polishing or burnishing, we have the pad. Only top quality materials go into our pads which result in top performance.