Vacuum or Dust Mop Regularly
Vacuum with a bristle head vacuum or dust mop with a water based dust mop treatment. Dust Mop Treatment will pick up dirt and dust without leaving any chemical residue behind.
*MicroFiber dust mops offer a unique advantage over conventional cotton dust mops. They remove 3X more dust than conventional treated dust mops. They are ideal for gyms, halls, and smooth or polished floors. They clean easily with a vacuum wand and can be laundered hundreds of times.
Protect The Floor
Do not cover or use rugs on the floor until two weeks after the finish has been applied. After two weeks you can begin using tracking mats at doorways.
removes dust, dirt, body oils, cosmetics, hair, and dust mop treatments. Use the following process when the floor needs deep cleaning. Never wax or spray buff the floor.
1. Mix 1 part Prime Time Cleaner to 10 parts water (1:10).
2. Soak several large bath towels in the solution.
3. Wring them out until damp.
4. Wrap a damp towel around the head of a push broom and push across the floor.
5.Clean the entire floor, using a clean damp towel as needed.
Never rinse dirty towels in clean solution. Dirty towels may be laundered and reused.
The life of the water-based finish will depend upon the type of traffic in your business. Under heavy traffic, recoating may be required as often as every six months. Recoat the floor when the original film is showing signs of wear, but before the finish has worn down to the bare wood.
- Do not use wax or silicone-based polishes or cleaners. Some wood flooring cleaners sold at your local store may actually make the floor more difficult to clean and may cause problems when the floor requires refinishing. Use Prime Time as your regular cleaner.
- Use a humidifier/dehumidifier to maintain a consistent humidity level.Wood flooring will naturally expand and contract with changes in temperature and humidity.
- Avoid deep scratches. High heels and dog nails can damage wood flooring. Do not slide furniture across the floor.