If your floor suffers from a more serious case of heavy scratches or gauging we recommend using a more aggressive SRD disc first, either a 120 or 220 grit.
- Large overall footprint allows for 3 diamonds to do the work of 5 x 3" pads while maintaining good machine balance.
- A velcro style back attaches directly to the face of the velcro disc holder or the male-to-male velcro kit.
- Flexible material for ease in riding over lippage to reduce "picture framing".
- Not for use on concrete floors.
Scratch Removal Discs for Marble and Terrazzo Floors
- The Velcro Tab - So simple yet so effective
- Tab provides easy removal from drive plate and allows it to "hang to dry" to help prevent mildew and increase life of the hook and loop backing
- Standard hook and loop back for ease of attachment and removal from driver
- Male hook and loop adapter available to allow attachment to white floor pad for added flexibility
Resurfacing and General Scratch Removal Procedure:
Step 1: Resurface with scratch removal discs
a) Thoroughly strip the floor to remove surface coating.
b) Hone the surface with Scratch Removal Discs and water.
Honing Process Time:
- Terrazzo and marble: 30 sec. per sq. ft.
- Granite: 1 min. per sq. ft.
c) Vacuum the slurry and rinse with Neutral Stone Cleaner
* Complete this step, then proceed to polishing with Polish Powder
** The scratch removal disc will not perform well if your floor has issues with lippage.
- SRD"S are packed (3) per set
- Average yield per set of of SRD's range from 3,000 - 5,000 square feet per set of 3 discs (depending on type of stone, floor condition and lippage)
- Size: 2" x 6"
- Color: Peach