What is Terrazzo you ask?
It is often placed over a concrete slab in a thin layer, from a half to three quarters of an inch in thickness. It is seeded with colored marble chips on the surface while the mix is fresh, the chips are seated in during the floating or troweling process. After the mixture hardens, the polishing process begins. Large floor grinding machines using diamond chip impregnated cutters polish the surface in steps from coarse to fine.
Terrazzo Polishing / Restoration Kit includes:
What is Not supplied but required: (1) 17" standard speed floor machine, (1) wet vacuum with hose, wand & squeegee tool, microfiber mop (preferred), mop bucket & wringer.
If you have an epoxy terrazzo floor we recommend the Twister System for polishing.
The system consists of all the materials you need to restore your Terrazzo floor (up to 2,000 square feet).
- Step one: strip ALL previous floor coatings, floor finishes, waxes and or acrylic sealers (this is a must)
- Step two: hone the floor with 120 grit black diamond discs
- Step three: hone the floor with Peach color diamond discs.
- Step four: final polish with "Terrazzo & Marble Polish Paste" and a natural fiber floor pad
- The Terrazzo polishing kit contains everything you need to restore & polish up to 2,000 sq feet of floor surface.