Top Guard will strengthen all acrylic floor finishes and produce durability never before possible. For years, Top Guard has been proven in the field to create a lustrous, deep, wet look shine that is non-slip (UL Listed) and very safe.
- Increases the slip resistance on finished floors
- Economical to use - highly concentrated
- The Best floor restorer on the entire planet!
- A long time favorite in our company since 1999
Need a quick fix to a worn or badly scratched area?
- Simply mix 1-2 ounces in a 32 ounce spray bottle and burnish away your problems.
If floors become worn or dirty due to abnormal conditions or neglect, simply mix 4-6 ounces of Top Guard per gallon of water and soft scrub with a Red or Blue floor pad. Pick up and begin burnishing again as before with 2 ounces of Top Guard per gallon.
Supplies You Will Need:
- A clean mop bucket and wringer
- A clean, wet mop
- An ultra high-speed floor machine (1500 rpm or more)
- Floor pads: Select from Natural Fiber, PT-3000 or Eraser floor pad
Things You'll Need
- Clean bucket and wringer.
- Wet mop - Rayon or Floor finish mops both work well (these mops will leave more product on the floor)
- High-speed floor machine (burnisher) 1500 -2000 rpm
- Floor pads: Select from any of the light-medium aggressive Natural Blend Hair pads.
Preparation and Application
Select a floor with a good floor finish base, 3-4 coats is optimal. The more finish, the better the result. (Top Guard works equally well on all flooring types providing there is enough finish, VCT, Terrazzo, Marble, Pirelli, Ceramic, etc.) Top Guard can be applied to the floor two ways.
Dilute according to application preference:
- Fill Mop bucket with 1 gallon of cold water. (If unsure of amount, use an empty gallon container to help measure.)
- Squeeze Top Guard bottle to fill the chamber with two (2) ounces of Top Guard and pour into bucket.
- Squeeze Top Guard bottle to fill the chamber with one (1) ounce of Top Guard and pour into spray bottle. Fill spray bottle to top with cold water.
- Damp Mopping: Wring out the mop well. Top Guard should be applied to the floor a bit thinner than a coat of floor finish.
- Spray Bottle: Slowly swing your arm from side to side spraying Top Guard from the bottle in a stream (not a spray). Do not worry about applying Top Guard evenly, the floor pad will spread the solution evenly over the floor when burnishing.
Top Guard can be burnished Wet or Dry! When Damp Mopped, allow approximately 1 minute for Top Guard to begin to dry and burnish while still damp for best results. When applied via spray bottle, begin burnishing immediately after Top Guard has been applied to the floor. *Take your time when burnishing for the first few times for a stronger, deeper shine.
Make a date to come back and evaluate your new Top Guard floor after the day's traffic - compare the Top Guard results to your usual method with your existing product. The difference is Top Guard.
Things to Look for While Using Top Guard
Top Guard enhances the slip coefficient of the floor. Walk on the floor while it is wet and take note of how non-slip the floor appears. When dry, test the slip resistance of the floor ...... Incredible. Make special note of the gloss. It's deep and water clear, not hazy like polymer based restorers. Top Guard is the only Finish Enhancement product that eliminates the dust created from burnishing (even with propane). Remember to look at the bottom of the floor pad. There's no white ring, no build-up. The finish that's on the floor stays on the floor.
Top Guard is packaged in 1 liter bottle with measuring cap, sold each or by the case of 6